Hospital price transparency helps patients know the cost of a hospital item or service before receiving it. Starting January 1, 2021, the hospital is required to provide, clear, accessible pricing information online about the items and services they provide. Please see the two spreadsheets below.
This page includes information about:
- 300 Shoppable Services performed by River Hospital, Inc., per insurance payer.
- Standard charges for all items and services provided by River Hospital, Inc.
- Obtaining a pricing estimate for our most frequently used healthcare services
- Payment options and alternatives available to patients without healthcare coverage
- Contact information to call us directly for a pricing estimate
- Paying your outstanding hospital bill online
- Other bills you might receive for services besides your hospital bill
Charge Disclosure Statement:
- Services may be provided in the hospital by the facility as well as by other health care practitioners who may separately bill the patient; the pricing listed reflects River Hospital Charges only, please refer to the billing agency or provider for more specific information on charges not billed by River Hospital.
- Health care practitioners who provide services in the hospital may or may not participate with the same health insurers or health maintenance organizations as the hospital;
- Prospective patients should contact the health care practitioner who will provide services in the hospital to determine which health insurers and health maintenance organizations the practitioner participates in as a network provider or preferred provider.
Please refer to River Hospital’s Surprise Bill Disclosure for the contact information on the practitioners whom bill separately.
Our hospital is pleased to provide information to consumers related to the financial side of your healthcare needs. River Hospital is committed to our communities and we provide competitive pricing on all services. We also offer a prompt payment discount to patients whom resolve out of pocket expenses within 30 days from the date the services were rendered. Our commitment is to your health and well-being and we pride ourselves on the ability to assist patients with the expense by providing options.
The pricing information provided is a best estimate based on the information we currently have available at the time of the request and is not a guarantee of what the patient will be charged.
Please understand that in many cases it is impossible to predict the final charges that will result from your services, as there are many variables involved in the actual services, such as the length of time spent in surgery or recovery, specific equipment used, supplies and medications required, additional tests ordered by the practitioner, or any unusual special care or unexpected conditions or complications that may occur during the course of service. The information reflected in our Procedure Pricing document reflect individual charges for specific services and in most cases, patients can expect to see a variety and/or combination based upon the service.
Insurance Patients Wishing to Obtain an Estimate
In order to provide insured patients with the most accurate estimate based on your specific plan coverage and prospective services, please contact our Patient Accounting Department at 315.482.1230 and one of our Financial Representatives will be happy to assist you.
Prior to your call, it is important that you contact your insurance company to ensure that the services required are “covered services”. In the event that they are not a covered service under your plan. You will also need to contact your physician’s office to get the specific diagnosis or procedure description.
When you call our Patient Accounting Department, please have the following information available, so that we can provide you with the most accurate estimate possible:
- Description of services needed– we will need to know as much information as possible about the specific services as described by your physician.
- Type of Services needed– we need to know if you will be admitted to the hospital as an inpatient overnight, or if you are expected to be treated on an outpatient basis.
- Physician/Specialist Name– example, if you are having surgery, we will want to know the surgeon’s name.
- Your Insurance Card– please have your card available so that if needed, we can get the following information from you: name of insurance company, type of policy (e.g. HMO, PPO, POS, Indemnity), policy holder’s name, group name and number, policy number, insurance company phone number.
- Policyholder’s Personal Information– it is possible that the insurance company will want us to verify the Social Security Number and date of birth of the person who is named as the primary insurance policyholder.
During your call, we will attempt to verify your specific insurance benefits to provide the most accurate representation of your estimated financial obligation based on your specific coverage.
Uninsured (Self-Pay) or Underinsured Patients:
You may be considered underinsured if you have a:
- High deductible
- High out-of-pocket maximum requirement
- Limited benefit plan(s)
Please call 315.482.1230 for more detailed information.